Hello June! 3 Things I Love About June

June 05, 2017

hello june, june, 3 things i love about june, sophie david mbamara, corn, corn and pear, ube, corn and ube, i hate u , i love u by gnash, summer vibes, june vibes, kim kardashian, donald trump, kylie jenner, dammy krane, banky w, fashion, spring, nigerian blogs, sophiestylish,


Hey Cupcakes! 
Been a Minute ey? Don't mind me, I kinda got caught up with the business of everyday living. But I'm back and hopefully will be better.

We are now at the beginning of the ever so rainy — but beautiful — month of June. I don’t know why, but for some reason I just feel June is the most romantic month of all. I’m sure it has something to do with my fantasies of steamy make-up kisses in the rain after a dramatic quarrel with Bae.
You know the one I'm talking about. The one where we would be driving home from work, arguing about the B**** that texted him again with 'I hate u, I love u' by Gnash playing on the radio as our soundtrack while stuck in Jakande traffic.

Ah, the wanderings of an over active mind…. I’m digressing.

The Month of June is my Favorite month for a lot of reasons, most I can't mention because then you'd know just how loony I am and I don't want that. At least not yetLol. So I'l just stick with my Top 3.

P.S. Here's a sneak video of me being as loony as possible👅😋

In my part of the world, Nigeria, June represents Rain in abundance. And in Lagos, It's all about Rain, traffic jams and flooded streets. Oh, and did i mention the Extremely Overbearing Sunshine? The sun is Definitely Lit in this part of the world! But, In the Midst of all this wahala, I've managed to find some things to keep my sunshine up even when the day is bleary as f**k. Pardon my french.



    1.  Corn And Ube   

3 things i love about june, sophie david mbamara, corn, corn and pear, ube, corn and ube, i hate u , i love u by gnash, summer vibes, june vibes, kim kardashian, donald trump, kylie jenner, dammy krane, banky w, fashion, spring, nigerian blogs, sophiestylish, domestico, domesticotips, gigi hadid, #june, #junevibes english name for ube, igbo

If you've never heard of the word 'Ube' you are missing out on an amazing African delicacy. 'Ube' as we Igbo's call it, is a type of pear fruit found in Africa. It's botanical name is Dacryodes edulis (don't ask for more, i just googled that shit up) and its really delicious especially when had with roasted or my favorite, boiled corn. Yum!


2. The Weather For Two - Give me some sugar sugar Love!

Call me whatever you like but we all know that rainy days provide the perfect ambience for a rom-sess! I am a big fan of cuddling up by the fire (or by candle light) to some good ol' slow jazz and a bottle of my favorite sweet red wine. On the Clear sunny days, The sun at its peak is the right excuse for an impromptu ice-cream date at the nearest coldstone outlet.


And when Mr. Sun gets sleepy; it's the perfect time for a relaxing stroll at the beach with bae stealing kisses and whispering sweet nothings in my ear. #drool

3. The Fresh Feel After A Good Nights Storm

You know that awesome feel, that fresh smell of the world the morning after a good storm? If I could trap that feeling in a bottle and have it with me all day everyday I would. I know you can relate!

Through out the course of the New Month, I will be sharing with you my top picks, tips and must haves to help ease your way through the rainy days ahead. However, Here are a few things I'm looking forward to this June:

1. Eating fresh watermelon and strawberries at The Lekki conservative garden
2. Shopping for sneakers. My new obsession.
3. Making my very Own DIY pom-pom shaggy rug.
4. Exploring the  whole of Mushin market - that is if I can find it.
5. Going on a much needed weekend getaway at ilashe beach resort .
6.  Attending Church next week (don't ask).
7. Buying myself a brand new refrigerator.
8. Re-branding this here Blog .
9. Finishing the decor-details on my place.
10.  Enrolling in a frigging Gym Because I really need it!

Do you have anything specific you love about June? Or maybe a bucket list of things you are looking forward to. Why not share, let's talk about it. I would love to hear from you.

Stay Stylish❤❤


You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to know what you think.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.